Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8th

Today would have been considered my 2 year bandaversary. Two years ago, I thought I had made what would be the best decision of my life. It wasn't the WORST decision of my life, it was just the wrong one for me. I see weight loss surgery as playing a game of poker. Sometimes you have the right hand and can take the table, other times you have a bust. I wish I was one of those people who could call a bluff when they see it, but I am blind to the obvious. I can say now that I have gotten better at the game, learned the rules a little bit more, and can play my cards right. I haven't done measurements latley, but I should. I can feel my clothes getting much looser and my over all self-confidence is through the roof. I am wearing nicer things, putting make-up on, being more social. All of the things I hid from or didn't give a shit about when I was ginormous. I see a huge change in myself. I catch myself checking me out in the mirror. I like how this looks on me. If I ever had a doubt before ( which I never did ) I know this is the right decision for me. I am glad I didn't listen to the horror stories and all of the bullshit that people wanted to throw my way to block me from success. I love the new me and I love the friends and family who have supported me no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment